22 September 2005

The tools of the trade

I have finally reached the point where I have assembled enough information to begin working on my PhD project - or at least the preliminary experiments. I don't know how well this will work, but I'm going to try to put together a series of posts as I go along that explain, as simply and clearly as I can, the kinds of things that I am doing, and the reasons that I am doing them.

One of the things that I'm going to be trying to do with this series is to learn how to talk about science at a level that can be understood by people who don't have much of a background in science. Because of that, I would greatly appreciate critical feedback and suggestions. The first real post in the series will go up tomorrow, and I'll try to get something in the series up at least every couple of days.

No comments: